Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What Can I Give?

Coming to consciousness this morning, prayers in my head if not yet on my lips, I heard this from the Still place within:
 
     "Focus on giving today, not getting."

It was given like a key from the One who loves me best and wants everyday to be my best. I felt this splash of joy that opened me up inside. Anticipation came into my heart as I thought of simple ways I could focus on giving today to all those around me...

I could give a clean kitchen to my husband and children (and myself!) which had been left a bit chaotic after my (now) 13 year old son's birthday party that went late last night...

I could give a peaceful and joy-filled heart to my kids because I would take the time to get filled up with the word and quiet time with my Father before they awake this morning...

I could give an open home and heart to my friend's children who would be spending the day with us as she went off to work...

And to God... what do you give the Someone who has everything already??


 I could give a sacrifice of praise on my lips even though my heart's felt a bit heavy lately...
I could give obedience to the things He's said to complete...
 I could give trust that He's handling the things I can't  (hasn't He earned it?)...
 I could give thanks, true heart-felt thanks, all day, as I remind myself of all I've been blessed with.

I'm on the hunt today. A treasure-hunt of my own to find ways to give. And in doing so, I'm imitating my Father (bonus!) I'm setting my inner-dial of focus on giving.  I'm anticipating giving. The joy of giving. The blessing of giving.

  "It is more blessed to give than to receive."


Growing Home

Beholding Glory


8 comments:

  1. This was such a lovely post. I just dropped by for the first time today and I will return again. I was very uplifted by your thoughts.
    Blessings to you!
    Living Waters by LeAnn @ http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS POST! What a wonderful word for all of us to wake up to today. And I love that you say you are on a treasure hunt to find ways to give. I love this concept and it will stick with me! Thanks for sharing it on B&BB. I pray that you have a blessed week of treasure hunting! I will be featuring you on Friday's B&BB link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail- thank you for the feature of my blog yesterday. I was blessed encouraged and appreciated your kind words. I believe your Friday link-ups are serving their purpose: Bless and Be Blessed! :) Blessings to you!

      Delete
    2. P.S. I looked on your blog to email my thanks but didn't see anywhee to do that? So hoping you see my note here.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful spirit of giving found here. Too often I focus on getting -- even in my prayers. I was struck by the thought of giving my trust to God. Yes, He has earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reminder of how Christ should be modeled in our lives for others. (Visiting from B&BB blog hop.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail sent me hopping over from her Bless and Be Blessed :-) link-up. Oh, what an encouragement you have just been to me!! Especially as you helped me visualize your waking moments and thoughts not even quite a prayer yet. I needed your sweet words today. You have such a sweet spirit.

    ReplyDelete