Friday, March 2, 2012

The Light in the Corners



            Discouragement is a dirty word. It tries hanging around me sometimes, like some stinky sock that got left in some obscure place in the room (remember, I have boys).  You can smell it but can’t quite put your finger on where it’s coming from. Sure you can think back to a moment or event that may have brought it on, sometimes though, you can't – you just know Eeyore came in and took a seat in your kitchen. Just sitting there…clouding up perspective and dimming your thoughts...
            Yesterday was a bit of a downer, I’ll admit. No need for info here or personal reminders to myself by writing out the details. Suffice to say I was glad to lay my head down and call it a day early. Some days are like that. But each day is a new choice.

To smile.  To  laugh.  To reach out and embrace good things around me.  To let hope in.



I think hope is always trying to get in on days like that. It’s there. Peeking into the picture and shading the corners with it’s bright light. If you stare at it long enough it will come out from behind the clouds and really shine. 




Hope. Something promised to us that will always remain. Even in heaven it will remain.  Hope means there's still something yet to look forward to. Something great up ahead to anticipate. Always.

Hope comes in unexpected packages. An unplanned meet up with a friend. Little arms wrapping around you in a heartfelt hug. A song on the radio that somehow brightens you up inside and reminds you, hey, things are still pretty alright around here. Perfect? No. But pretty alright. I'll even dare to say even alright enough to warrant a mini-celebration! 

This is your LIFE. Never waste more than a day, better yet an hour on discouragement. 


Find the light  that's peeking in to your gloomy thoughts and reach up and pull it down by the tail and right into your heart. I promise, you won't regret it.
Growing Home

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I especially loved the one with the flowers. I really appreciate your encouragement to not stay in discouragement for more than a day, better yet, not longer than an hour!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete