Wednesday, September 10, 2014

IS IT TIME TO DO SOME WEEDING?



'We must keep short accounts with God.' What a true statement.

But there is more- we must also keep short accounts with one another.

Do you owe someone an apology? It's tough to be humble. To say, 'You know, I could have handled that differently. I could have handled that better. I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?', but the fact remains- as Lovers of Jesus, being quick to make things right should be part of our regular life.

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, be at peace with everyone." says Paul.

Being quick to humble yourself and repent to someone you've sinned against is like weed killer in the garden of our relationships. When offense comes, left unattended, the Word teaches us that a 'bitter root' can spring up. When we are quick to repent and make it right (and quick to forgive those who sin against us) we are wielding a powerful tool that helps keep the garden of God's people (and our own hearts) free of weeds.

Lord, you said of yourself that You are humble and lowly of heart. Help me to not shy away from humbling myself when I need to. Help me to keep short accounts with people around me. Help me to be more like You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment